Child care is essential to a woman’s ability to participate in the workforce. While center care is preferred by some families, in-home childcare has emerged for families who need care in non-traditional hours or prefer smaller child care settings. Prepared To Care (P2C) was developed to support in-home based child care businesses being operated out of Oakridge owned apartment units. The necessity for P2C is the result of recent changes in DHS regulations requiring child care providers living in rental units to receive authorization from landlords for this business venture. To mitigate organizational and client risk, P2C focuses on creating the conditions needed to maintain quality and safe home-based child care and a viable and profitable business.
P2C will support individuals who are operating in home child care businesses in the rental units owned and managed by the Oakridge organization. The P2C is intended to support quality child care and sustained business operations and includes the following:
1) In-home, onsite early childhood coaching and consultation
2) Access to learning resources and materials
3) Support for creating safe environments that comply with local and state regulation and general safety protocols
4) Assistance with risk mitigation and access to insurance resources
5) Business management and financial reporting support P2C is designed to increase the quality, safety and financial viability of home-based child care operations that support women who provide and/or seek these critical child care services.