The Iowa Women’s Foundation is expanding our team. We have an exciting position that might be just right for you or someone you know.
Seventy percent (70%) of Iowa’s female-headed households struggle economically. Through targeted research, grantmaking, advocacy, education, and collaboration, the Iowa Women’s Foundation works to shatter the barriers to economic self-sufficiency so ALL of Iowa’s women and girls have equal opportunities for success. Because when Iowa’s women are successful, our businesses thrive, our communities flourish, and Iowa wins.
Now is a great time to join our growing team and directly help us improve the lives of Iowa’s women and girls.
All applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
The Iowa Women’s Foundation (IWF) is committed to improving the lives of Iowa’s women and girls through a diversified mix of action and funding, including research, grantmaking, advocacy, education, and collaboration. At the heart of IWF is the goal of raising funds to provide grants to organizations that give IWF the power to advance the lives of women and girls each year.
IWF seeks a dynamic, experienced Development Director committed to the growth and advancement of its work through major and annual gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources. IWF highly values its trusted, ongoing relationships with long-term donors. The Development Director will continue to steward these connections while developing new donor prospects among individuals and corporations statewide.
In partnership with the President & CEO, Board of Directors and Development Committee, the Development Director is responsible for all aspects of fundraising, marketing and public relations to support a goal of $1M in FY2023.
- Develop and execute an annual and long-term fund development plan to meet
- Analyze results and effectiveness of development plan to drive strategy;
- Lead annual renewal process for individual Circles of Giving donors and corporate
- Cultivate and solicit new individual, corporate, and foundation supporters;
- Steward individual, corporate, and foundation supporters at all levels of giving;
- Manage the day-to-day development, marketing, and communications operations,
including oversight of DonorPerfect database, outreach, gift administration and
processing, donor recognition, budgeting, and record keeping;
- Secure sponsorships, create promotion plans and manage event logistics for all aspects
of annual events including OVATION and fall luncheon;
- Coordinate the development of collateral materials related to fundraising events,
programs and activities in partnership with contract marketing firm;
- Serve as point of contact for all grant applications and required reporting;
- Support the President & CEO with Board engagement, including managing the Board
- Participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate
President & CEO
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
- Passion for IWF’s mission and values;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect a wide range
of audiences with IWF’s vision;
- At least 5-7 years of fundraising experience;
- Proven track record of researching, engaging, soliciting, and maintaining relationships
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently, and lead a team;
- Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to successfully address challenges and make decisions in alignment with strategic
- Proven organizational, prioritization, and project management skills;
- Experience with DonorPerfect a big plus;
- Commitment to building deep and lasting relationships with IWF supporters, volunteers,
partners and grantees
This position is full-time, and the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is necessary.
Benefits include four weeks vacation, participation in IWF’s health and dental care plans, FSA,
EAP, wellness program and life insurance plan.