Since its founding in 1994, the Iowa Women’s Foundation (IWF) has awarded funding to over 100 organizations working in every county in Iowa.
Each year we receive many outstanding applications for funding but are only able to award grants to the most relevant and impactful. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure that your application has its best chance of being among those!
Grant applications are reviewed annually and are due on the last working day of May. Grant recipients are notified in September, with funds distributed in two allotments in January and July.
To apply for an IWF grant in the next grant cycle, please follow these steps:
- Review and download the guidelines for grant applicants.
- Learn more about successful grant partners from previous years.
- Download the application.
- Request a volunteer mentor, if desired, to help you develop a strong proposal.
- Complete and submit the application by 5:00 p.m. on the last working day of May.
Women and girls have unique ways of solving problems, and the world is in dire need of those strategies right now.Robyn Hepker, Donor