The Iowa Women’s Foundation was pleased to see so many of our supporters at our Annual Awards Luncheon. Because of your commitment and devotion to bettering the lives of Iowa’s women and girls, together, we are able to award $100,000 in grants to 13 Grant Partners for the 2018 year.
These 13 organizations are doing amazing work to better the lives of women and girls by giving them the tools to become economically self-sufficient and construct their own future success. They include:
- Catherine McAuley Center, Cedar Rapids, for Offering Hope and Opportunity through Transitional Housing for Women
- Dorothy’s House, Des Moines, for Daring to Rise Strong
- Dress for Success Des Moines, for their Professional Women’s Group
- Dress for Success Quad Cities, for Empowering Women to Economic Independence
- EyesOpenIowa, West Des Moines, for Building a Culture of Support for Pregnant and Parenting Young Women
- First Congregational United Church of Christ, Cedar Rapids, for Cafe 361
- Grin and Grow Ltd., Waterloo, for Removing Childcare as a Barrier to Women’s Economic Self-Sufficiency through Gap Scholarships
- House of Hope, Waterloo, for Transitional Housing for Single Homeless Mothers
- Latinas Latinos Al Éxito, Inc., Des Moines, for Latinas Al Éxito: Latina Girls Toward Success
- Lutheran Services in Iowa, Des Moines, for Refugee Child Care Training and Expansion
- Nisaa African Family Services, Iowa City, for Friendship Sewing Cooperative
- Mark Youth Enrichment, Dubuque, for Teaching, Mentoring, and Equipping St. Mark Families for Success
- University of Northern Iowa, Community Producers Program, Cedar Falls, for Economic Development for Refugee Women Agriculturalists
The Annual Luncheon is one of the IWF’s biggest fundraisers of the year—but the need for funding continues well after the speeches are over and the tables are cleared. Please consider making an ongoing contribution to the Iowa Women’s Foundation as a part of our Circles of Giving and help provide critical ongoing funding for our organization. To learn more or make a contribution, visit our Circles of Giving page.